Sunday, April 25, 2010

Does proactiv get rid of whiteheads and blackheads also besides pimples?

Question explains it all.Does proactiv get rid of whiteheads and blackheads also besides pimples?
Yes, it helps prevent them alsoDoes proactiv get rid of whiteheads and blackheads also besides pimples?
I used proactiv for about six months and it did absolutely nothing for me. All it did was make my skin super dry and my nose peel! I guess the results are different for everyone, but most people I know who have used it did not get results like the commericials.
The products you are using, are they Salsylic Acid or Benzoyl peroxide? BP can be VERY drying. I personally like SA better. Salsylic acid it really good. It is in almost all acne washes. Benzoyl Peroxide is too drying for me! Try finding a face lotion with SA in it. Clean and Clear has a good moisturizer with SA and it helps keep pimples at bay. It is only about $5 a bottle and lasts about 2 months and you can get it at your local store. I have used this in the past and it works well. Personally, I use Biore products (which you get over the counter. Their products range from $5-$10). They are harsh on pimples, but not on your face.


Personally, Proactive didn't work for me. I have been using Biore products for over a year and I hardly ever break out! Occasionally I will get one or two, but nothing bad. I use Biore Ice Cleanser for acne and Biore warming facial scrub every morning for blackheads (This stuff works. I notcied a DRASTIC diffrence in my blackeads being GONE within 2 weeks) . And then 3-4 day s a week I use Biore purging pore cream scrub. For body acne I use Neutrogena acne body wash I never break out on my body. It gets 110 in summer so sweat in inevitably, yet I never break out. Give it a try. All of it is cheap too. About $5-10 depending on what you buy! Salsylic acid it really good. It is in almost all acne washes. Benzoyl Peroxide is too drying for me! I think you will just need to experiment with products until you find what works for you. Remember, it can take 1 month for products to fully begin working! Good Luck!
My personal experience with Proactiv has been of mixed results.





I tried it for the first time when I was about twenty-one years old, and yes, it did do miracles on my skin... but after I couldn't afford the stuff anymore, my skin problems returned with a vengeance that left me mentally stunned upon the haste in which my skin reset and was back to the same old acne problems.





And, I did decide to try it again this year, which came of no good to me. I used the stuff for three months and didn't see any results what-so-ever. My skin felt more moisturized and less oily, but the acne never left... it was like I was using some sort of placebo that didn't work at all.





But, there's more than one option out on the market...





I found some stuff called Acne-Free at a pharmacy which claimed quicker results than Proactiv, and was half the price, so I tried it.





The formula wasn't quite the same as Proactiv. The facial scrub wasn't really a facial scrub... it was more like a lotion that foams up when it's applied to damp skin. It's a benzoyl-peroxide formula, just like Proactiv, but didn't feel like it was scraping my skin, although it was still removing dead skin and was still cleaning my skin.





Acne-Free's version of the skin toner also doesn't burn when applied to the skin, unlike Proactiv's formula. It also doesn't have much of a scent, which I found to be a bonus, because I found Proactiv's solution does have a sort of scent, although I think it's probably just the chemicals the toner's made out of... so that chalks up two for Acne-Free.





And finally, Acne-Free's lotion, applied to the skin after the first two steps is much runnier than Proactiv's, so it doesn't require such a large amount to cover the skin. Proactiv's solution is much thicker, and I never felt like my skin was feeling any better after using it. Of course, this is just personal experience, yours might be different.





Again, this is a benzoyl-peroxide formula which they say is ';time released';, but it needs to be used the same as Proactiv: twice per day, preferably morning and night; if you shower both in the morning and at night, this will be a much easier thing to remember to do.





Again, it's half the price and you can probably buy it at a local pharmacy, so you won't be having to wait for delivery. I would recommend trying Acne-Free first. The results would probably be about the same regardless, so the only thing you really have to lose between the two is twenty bucks... if you go for the Proactiv. There's my opinion, I hope it helps.
Hey!


My 12 year old daughter decided to use proactiv. She was suffering from mild teenage acne. This acne runs in our family. At 6 she started getting pimples and by 10 she began getting facials for her blackheads. Just this past school year times got hard and she decied to use proativ. In the first night she used it I was her face become brighter. In the first week when her cousins came out they even started to complement her on her skin because they saw such a diffrence. Now she is more confident because of it and the blackheads, pimples that were red and more like big zits went away. I would recomend this product. The only con is that it dose become a little drying and alot of water is need. (drinking alot of water)


Hope this helps.


- Isabel
It does get rid of black heads along with the pimples, but I haven't ever had it get rid of a white head.

No comments:

Post a Comment