Monday, December 14, 2009

How do you prevent whiteheads after you wax?

I waxed my lip for the first time and I got a few little whiteheads. Just wondering if any of you have any tricks? I wax my bikini area and it ALWAYS happens, but I have products that contain alcohol that clear it up in a day. What can I do?How do you prevent whiteheads after you wax?
The red bumps seen after waxing are due to follicular inflammation. When a hair is pulled out from its follicular opening (waxing or plucking) this action is shocking to the follicle and it becomes slightly swollen and inflammed. This usually calms down by itself within 24 hours but in some unlucky few, this can result in little whiteheads. These whiteheads are formed when the normal bacteria on the skin get into these inflammed follicular openings and cause tiny little infections. These tiny whiteheads can be treated with a mild, over the counter cortisone lotion.
  • printer cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment