Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Why have I had an outbreak of whiteheads?

I have never suffered from white heads, VERY rare I have them. But for the past month, I have had at least one, daily. Some are huge but most of them are quite little.


My mother reckons it is because I have changed my diet for the better. I have cut down on dairy, fatty, greasy foods, sugar and salt to almost nil and have replaced them with healthy foods. My mother says that the healthy foods are pushing the built up bad foods out and it is coming out through my skin and once it is all out (in a few months time), I will have even better skin than ever before.


Do you think she is right? I started getting them about 1 1/2 months ago, a few weeks later had the flu for two weeks that is when the whiteheads were at their worse, and now it's a few weeks since I had the flu and I'm still getting white heads but they are SO tiny. Do you think the whiteheads were through the flu?


I hope my mother is right. What do you think?Why have I had an outbreak of whiteheads?
One a day is no big deal especially if they are small. I assuming you are in your teens. It's most likely hormones and theres really nothing you can do about it. Your best bet is to keep eating healthy, and vary what you eat. Your mom's theory of the good food pushing out the bad is bogus, my mother always talked about stuff as if it were fact when she really has no basis for what she's saying, it really annoys me now, when I was younger I didn't know better. The flu and other colds can cause an increase in skin problems for a short period of time, yes. You can try acne skin wipes, but honestly, I always found that those irritated my skin more than just rinsing my face in the morning, afternoon, and night with warm water and wiping it clean with a towel. This helped get rid of excess oils and dirt buildup from the day. When I take my shower in the morning I use a small amount of shampoo to wash my face gently, and usually use cream rinse as well on my face afterwards. Don't go overboard on the face washing as if you clean it too much you will completely eliminate your body oils and moisturizers which isn't good, either.


If you feel like you really have a bad case of acne then go see a dermatologist, there are medications that do away with it these days.Why have I had an outbreak of whiteheads?
Hormones


stress


and just your face going through a cycle.





The flu could have set off your ';body balance'; but truthfully we all suffer -





Keep your face really clean with pure and natural soaps.


Exf. twice a week with an acne exf.


and do an acne mask once a week too.





Use a hot compress (heat a wet wash cloth in micro) and apply, repeat before you wash your face.


Apply acne cream - repeat at bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment